Our Unique Process
According to our clients, we strike the right balance between a search experience that is customized while also following a process that ensures excellent, proactive communication, timeliness and the best possible outcome.
“Lochlin has the most comprehensive process of search firms I’ve worked with. Their upfront research process really made a huge difference … and the initial vetting Lochlin did compared to others was certainly more robust. It’s a real differentiator. It’s hard to understand the value up front but I understood it when I saw the exploration of depth in sectors and the quality of the candidates.”
Frank Hugelmeyer, President, Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA)
Here is an overview of our search process:
Due Diligence and Stakeholder Meetings
Develop Position Specification
Due Diligence and Opening the Search
- Establish a working timeline for the engagement: set deliverable dates and determine communication preferences.
- Meet with the client and key stakeholders of the search: gain a thorough understanding of the organization, expectations of the position, and plans relevant to the conduct of the search.
- Develop and refine the position description: develop the ideal candidate background and profile for the position.
- Identify appropriate target organizations.
- Establish the go-to-market strategy.
Lochlin Interviews and Assessment
- Research, network and identify potential candidates and proactively approach them.
- Conduct regular status calls with the client to review potential candidate profiles and provide market feedback.
- Screen and evaluate candidate prospects.
- Interview and assess the strengths and weaknesses of each potential candidate with respect to the position requiremets and ideal candidate profile.
- Verify credentials and education.
Client Interviews and Assessment
- Present the best qualified candidates for client consideration and interviews.
- Provide a written overview of each candidate’s background, along with our own assessment of his/her fit with the position criteria and candidate profile.
- Arrange meetings and prepare the candidates for client interviews: actively coordinate, schedule and manage the interview process, communicating with all parties frequently. Thoroughly brief each candidate on the client and organization.
- Assist the client in comparing and contrasting candidates’ styles and skillsets.
Final Offer and Transition
- Conduct comprehensive reference checks on the finalist candidate.
- Coordinate background checks, if required.
- Negotiate a compensation package and other terms that are mutually acceptable.
- Help with transition logistics.
- Stay in touch on a regular basis with the client and placement to ensure a smooth transition.